Saturday, April 08, 2006

Winston Churchill Speaks

"Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public."

Winston Churchill

Not as productive as I'd like to be....under the influence of Sinus/Allergy Tylenol and anti-biotics. On my reading list right now when inspiration eludes me at the monitor: The Madonnas of Lenningrad and The Geographer's Library. Reading the Madonnas if upstairs and The Geographer if downstairs. My son pointed out that this is rather lazy but I say it's rather efficient.

10 Comments:

Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

LOL. Upstairs/downstairs books. Next it will be living room-office-bedroom-bathroom books.

Just to make life interesting!

Hope you feel better soon.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

Efficiency is laziness' best friend.

11:28 PM  
Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

I'm with Dana.

And Sandra, I do have a living room book and a bedroom book. I mean...there has to be at least 20 feet between them, yanno(tm)

Sharon? Did you spell Leningrad wrong?

11:26 PM  
Blogger S. R. Hatcher said...

Thanks Sandra.

Yep, it's spelld rong!

Finished that book--could not put it down. It's her first novel. Wow.

7:19 AM  
Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

Her first book? So now we can all feel inadequate?

8:14 AM  
Blogger S. R. Hatcher said...

I already do - this novel just moved it a few degrees.

9:27 AM  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

I keep a book in my hobby room, a couple on the kitchen table, several in the bedroom and of course, one in the john.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Mark Pettus said...

I seem to have books everywhere - six on my nightstand alone.

This week I finished three all at once, so I need new books for my car, my, um, reading room, and my camera bag.

Of course, I joined two book clubs this year, so I have dozens of books waiting to have their spines cracked.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous kathie said...

Great post...I know the feeling. My book is not my first, but it's giving me fits, making me feel as though it is. Wish I had some desert sand to bury my melon in.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

This makes me feel so much better, I have books all over the house! Maybe this is why no one dates me!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home