Thursday, February 09, 2006

Random Thoughts

A blog with titles for authors seeking titles. Someone else thought this up but I like the idea. It could be The TitleList. Corny I guess. That's why I need a blog with title ideas.

Quote by Ursula LeGuin: It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters in the end.

I'd like to think that's true. Some days (like today!) writing seems like such a solitary trip down a dotted line on a map leading to oblivion. But, I wrote anyway and finished a rewrite of Chapter 2.

6 Comments:

Blogger M. G. Tarquini said...

Titles present. Eventually.

There - my words of wisdom for the evening.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Dana Y. T. Lin said...

I usually just use titles like, "The Untitled Book" until I get inspired for a real title.

A silly method, but it works.

8:47 AM  
Blogger S. R. Hatcher said...

Good idea Dana.....I've been using the name of my main character in the header-right now, it's Isabella.

But I became obsessed with my working title yesterday. Then I realized, it was simply a way to avoid rewriting a paragraph that didn't work. Mind games.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

And truth is, you usually don't have the right to choose your title anyway...

7:26 AM  
Blogger Bonnie Calhoun said...

I know of a few people who can't write the book until they come up with a title.

Somehow I usually have one when I start!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Erik Ivan James said...

At this time, my novel series will be 4 to 5 books. They all have titles that I like now and I'm not yet finished with the first book. But, what Sandra just said......

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home